At B.A. Furniture we pride ourselves of the high quality materials and craftsmanship that goes into all our timber pieces. In the unlikely event of a major defect/fault, we offer:
Indoor timber furniture– 5 years warranty
Outdoor furniture – 2 years warranty
Our warranty covers the structural integrity of the timber items and is limited to the repair or replacement of the item.
Timber is a natural product, and as such is subject to the effects of the environment. Changes in humidity or temperature levels can cause small cracks to appear. Any splits, movements, joint separation or cracks created as a result of sudden changes in the environment are not warranted.
We cannot guarantee to reproduce an exact copy of a product displayed on our website or showroom. Timber appearance and tone varies within and between timber species, and that is what gives character to timber furniture. We ensure we will match the timber as close as possible, and upon request, we can provide photos of the selected timber planks or customers are welcome to check them at our workshop. We will not provide any refunds, replacements or exchanges for pieces that were built to the customer’s specifications.
Once the design and timber type are approved and deposit is credited, refunds or exchanges will not be provided due to changes of mind in relation to the design or timber selection (unless otherwise specified).
B.A. Furniture reserves the right to refuse to produce designs created by external designers.
Furniture that is not picked up within 1 week after notification of availability will incur storage fees of $10 per item per day. If delivery had been arranged and the piece of furniture is not received within the agreed time, storage fees will be charged according to the freight company.
Normal tear and wear is not covered by this warranty, and it includes:
- Scratches and marks on the timber surface
- Natural variations in the timber colour over time
- Cracks and movements due to changes in the environmental conditions
Also not covered by this warranty is:
- Any damage caused by the customer due to inappropriate use or by accident
- Inadequate care and maintenance
- Defects resulting from mishandling in delivery when provided by an external freight company – insurance is always recommended to customers when booking third-party delivery and all claims should be redirected to the company.
- Warranty claims should be made within 10 days of the issue/defect becoming apparent. The warranty covers the cost involved in the repair but excludes any transport or freight costs associated with the claim.
In the case that the warranty claim, after careful consideration by B.A. Furniture staff members, is not validated or accepted as a structural fault, the customer will be charged all costs associated with the claim (i.e. collection and delivery).